TERMS AND CONDITIONS - 5 MONTH $5000 VIDEO COMPETITION for April to August 2019
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms & Conditions. Any entry not complying with these Terms & Conditions is invalid.
2. Entry is only open to Australia residents who are 15 years or over and have a valid email address, and any Entrant who is under the age of 18 years must have their parent or guardian’s permission to enter the competition (“Eligible Entrant”). Employees of the Promoter, the Promoter’s associated companies, the Promoter’s agencies associated with this competition and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
3. COMPETITION DATES: The competition opens at 9am Australia Standard Time on 1st April 2019 and closes at 11:59pm on 31st August 2019 (“Competition Period”). There will be two scheduled judging’s, during the campaign period. Only entries received before 11:59pm prior on the day prior to judging's will be considered during the Competition Period.
4. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the competition entrants must visit the Felton Industries website (www.felton.net.au/video-competition), register as an entrant, register as an entrant, upload a minimum of 1 video and maximum of 3 videos of Felton product in use by students, staff or the public, fill in the entry form online and submit it to the Felton Industries website. Videos supplied must be decent quality in mp4, mov, mpeg format. Entrants should obtain parental or guardian's consent before entering videos featuring children.
5. VIDEO CONTENT: Video entries must address the competition question why do you like Felton furniture? The footage needs to include Felton furniture and if music is added to the video it should be royalty free. Videos with captions will be highly regarded.
6. DISCOUNT: The number of entries an Eligible Entrant may send is limited to 3 videos per organisation.
7. This competition is for online website entries only. Private or personal applications to Felton Industries will not be considered. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of each entry and to disqualify any entry that fails to comply with these terms, or any Entrant who tampers with the entry process in any way.
8. THE PRIZE: There is one prize to be won which is valued at up to $5000 + gst of any Felton product + $100 delivery contribution.
9. The prize is not transferable & cannot be converted to cash.
10. This competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the identity of the prize winner selected. All valid entries received during the Competition Period will be judged on their merit and the Eligible Entrant who submitted the entry judged to be the most inventive and creative received during the judging period will win the prize.In the event that no entry reaches an acceptable standard of creativity as deemed by the judges, then the judges reserve the right not to award a prize.
11. Judging of entries will be completed at the offices of the Promoter by 5pm the following Tuesday (i.e. the final week’s judging will be completed on 3rd September 2019).
12. The winners will be notified within 48 hours of judgment being finalised via their registered email address, to arrange delivery of their prize. (provided the appropriate account settings are activated) The name of each prize winner will be announced on the Felton Industries Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/feltonindustries) within 48 hours of the winner being notified.
13. The prize must be claimed by the winner within 14 days of the Promoter announcing the competition results. In the event that a winner fails to claim their prize by responding to the Promoter’s message and providing a valid address for delivery in Australia, the prize will be forfeited and the Eligible Entrant who submitted the entry judged to be the next best received in the same week will be offered the prize.
14. The winners must allow a professional photographer/videographer supplied by Felton Industries to photograph/video the winning makeover with members of the organisation using the new furniture. By winning the competition, the winner understand that these photographs or video will be used in Felton Industries marketing, promotion and future competitions.
15. The Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered or incurred by any person, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss, or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
16. In the case where the nominated Organisation refuses receipt of the prize, the Entry is deemed void, and the prize will be offered to the next valid Entry.
17. Each winner should look to the manufacturer of the products and provider of services awarded as prizes for all warranties. However, these terms and conditions do not exclude or limit the application of any statutory provision (including a provision of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)) where to do so would contravene that statute or cause any part of these terms and conditions to be void.
18. By entering the competition, each Entrant acknowledges that their name and entry content, including all videos, may be used for printing, broadcast, publicity and promotional purposes, including but not limited to the Promoter’s websites, marketing collateral and social media accounts without compensation. It is a condition of accepting the prize, and as consideration for that prize, that each prize winner assigns all right, title and interest in their entry and any film footage of the prize being taken to the Promoter to enable the use of it by the Promoter, including for commercial purposes and they agree not to object to any such use on the basis of any moral right. A prize winner will, if required by the Promoter, complete any documentation necessary to give effect to this assignment of right, title and interest.
19. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, whether caused by infection by computer virus, mobile phone failure, line drop out, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, (subject to any written direction given by a relevant Regulatory Authority), to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
20. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s database. The Promoter is not responsible for receipt of incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information caused by an Entrant or occurring during transmission. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone, telephone or computer network, or lines, servers, or telephone or internet providers, traffic congestion on any phone or computer network, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s handset or computer related to or resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of any materials in this competition.
21. Entrants warrant and agree that, without limitation:
a. they will not submit any material (including without limitation, the entry itself, images, answers to questions, posts or comments and whether on the Felton Industries’ website or elsewhere in relation to this competition or any entrant or entry) (Content) that is unlawful or fraudulent or that may be in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, politically incorrect, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, racist, ageist, sexist, objectionable with respect to religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication in the context of this competition;
b. they will only submit Content which they have personally created or have the right to submit;
c. their entry will not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
d. they have the approval of all parents and/or legal guardians of the persons depicted in the entry;
e. they will comply with these Conditions of Entry and with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems;
f. they have the full authority to grant to the Promoter the rights referred to in these Conditions of Entry; and
g. they will indemnify the Promoter against all costs and claims by third parties arising from a breach these Conditions of Entry.
22. The Promoter is Felton Industries trading as Felton International Group P/L